Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You must not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for at least eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- You must not smoke at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to our office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hishmeh prior to your surgical date for instructions.